7 Ways Water Helps with Weight Loss
Water is one of the best ways to help reduce body weight. Here’s why:
- Water is a natural appetite suppressant.
- Water helps to remove waste from the body.
- Replacing other liquids like soda and juice with water each day will reduce overall calorie intake.
- Water is necessary to burn fat. Without water, the body cannot properly metabolize stored fat or carbohydrates.
- Water helps muscles, connective tissues, and joints to move correctly. Being hydrated reduces chance of fatigue and muscle cramps. One of the most important components of a fat-loss program is exercise.
- Water can boost your brain function and mood, as dehydration can cause headaches and migraines. Feelings of anxiety or low moods can lead to emotional eating and reaching for calorie dense comfort foods.
- Often times, if we are walking around feeling an intense sense of hunger, we might be dehydrated. A good rule of thumb is to try drinking a large glass of water before reaching for a snack.
How Much Water is Needed?
This depends on an individual’s size, weight, activity level, and geographic location. Generally, one should aim for between 0.5 – 1 ounce of water for each pound of body weight. If you live in a hot climate and exercise frequently, you should be on the higher end of this range. Conversely, if you’re in a colder climate and sedentary then you would be on the lower end.
7 Quick Tips to Increase Your Water Intake
- Carry a reusable water container with you and fill it up throughout the day
- Keep a glass or bottle of water next to your bed. Most of us are dehydrated first thing in the morning.
- Drink reasonable, consistent amounts throughout the day. drinking a whole litre all at once isn’t good for you.
- Replace soda and juice with water
- Add zero calorie water enhancers and BCAAs to your water
- Substitute soda for a large glass of water with Hyper Clear BCAAs
- Carry a large water bottle with you to keep track of your water intake